Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Letter From Prison

World Magazine: February 2007

Editor's note: Andrée Seu corresponds with Texas prisoner Robert Fahrbach. She asked him to write to her son Jae, a prisoner in Pennsylvania. Here is what he wrote, without any changes.

Hello Jae,
You might be wondering who I am. Well let's end the wondering ok, my name is Robert but people call me Bubba. I am 32 years old and been locked up since 1998 Aug 7. My Dad and Mom and son and grandparents all past away since I been locked up, the rest of my family don't want nothing to do with me cause of what I did in my past, and I'll share that with you, one day if you like.

So to start I do know what the dark alone feeling is like, I know what being screamed at buy the boss is like and hear in Texas they scream. Jae my past was so dark and heavy they locked me up 15 aggravated years, don't sound like much but with a brand new baby and 24 years old and loosing every thing its a life sentence. Hear they don't pay for any labor, you work for free, and if not your locked up even tighter.

BUT! Theirs a but in all this sad story. Jae its hard in prison wondering if their going to call your name at mail call, phone calls wich we get every 90 days if wher good during those 90 days, money for food and toothpas able to go to the store during Christmass, so you can have a somewhat good time “a spread.” But Jae I found something better then all of that I found someone who loves me their on every call, listens to my sad story’s of how bad it is in hear. This man brought me so much joy and peace, I have now a bigger family. He gave me a nother chance that we all need.

Jae let me tell you a little something ok if don’t mind ok Jae I am at sike prison crazy house whare you take medican for voices seeing things that others cant. Ware people cut on them selves and I was one of them. I been like that for years I came to prison and started medican “one thousand two hundred milligrams” a day I was trying to get away from the angrey filling I had towards people and even my self.

But now I am off all of it because some one loved me enough to give me his life so I can be free in my mind whare all the battle is, boy-o-boy and what a battle it was. So he said these words to me ”:Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, I do not give to you as the world gives, so do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid,:” You can hear him say it to you your self in John 14:27.

Jae I can cry to you in many tears to try to get you to understand. I never found true happiness no not in my different drugs, drinks, sex, nothing could stay long enough. I always kept trying intell I gave Christ my heart. Did it all happen in one day no no no, it took reading and reading and plenty of times on my knees. We always think we should have the last word, “no” every man will be judge acourding to what he has done with the Son of God in their life.

I would love Jae to explain to you a lot more, not to judge you but to show you great wonders of love and peace, so much joy,. Gods love is just not in word but in plenty of experiences. You already been told plenty of times your not good for nothing never been nothing. You have not messed up your life to the point ware God cant fix it. Your just ware he needs you to open you eyes. Trust me you wont ever come close to what ive done and been through, if you don’t believe me write ok. Me and you nowone else ok, I’ll be praying alright. Love in Christ. Bubba

P.S. Jae this Christ is not a religion. Religion stinks in God’s nose, he wants us as a child to come home.




3 comments:

The Resident Writer said...

Wow, Janea. Thanks for posting that. Encourages me to remember those who are in jail or otherwise isolated and maybe judged, and pray for them.

M said...

Thanks so much for posting this letter! I want to send a copy to my brother who's in a placement camp for boys and who is on Ritalin and has been since he was a little boy. He's (15) now! Pray for his salvation if you think about it. Love you!

wagamama said...

Of course I am praying for Joey!