Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I Cry Out!

I recently found out that my friend's mother passed away unexpectedly. And this is all I can say:

There are so many things I don't understand. But I'm slowly realizing that's okay. It's precisely my inability to understand that drives me to my Savior, that forces me to trust in Him and Him alone. My good intentions mean nothing. My ability to help means nothing. God will do whatever with whomever he chooses and I can't question His infinite wisdom. Even beyond that, God loves me and His care is so tender for me. He is not an unfeeling dictator, and every painful circumstance I face or witness is a loving nudge from Him to make me more like Christ. I throw my hands up and cry out, "God, I don't understand!" But I trust. I trust your wisdom, your promises, and your goodness. I will stand strong with my eyes firmly fixed on Him. I will press on.

1 comment:

The Resident Writer said...

We all should follow your example, and press on, trusting Christ in each step.